A Prayer for Our Land

 




Why pray for our land?
Some might ask.

Regardless of where we live, we can't deny we share one earth or, let me say, land. What happens in America might not affect Nigeria directly, but the impact is felt in one way or another.

Over and over again, humans have proved we need each other to survive; most importantly, we need God to aid our deliverance. Our land is sick; children are infected; many have gone astray, and others are confused.

Amid these problems, there is hope, a future, and a story of triumph, which can only be accessed if we humble ourselves and seek the face of God.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."- 2 Chronicles 7: 14

2020 has dealt with all of us mercilessly. It is a year that will forever be in the minds of those who witnessed it. The situation is sad, and it gets worse by the day.

In all of this, I do not worry about my family or myself. I am more concerned and depressed for the world and those who have backed away from the truth.

My confidence might come off as cheesy, but my truth remains that I had no fear for COVID-19, and this is not because I live on a secluded Island where I can't be infected.  I live in the province of Lombardia in Italy. The first and most affected area by Coronavirus.

It's not that I am all strong and fearless; it's that God laid a project on my heart in November 2019. I obeyed, and with his guidance, I was able to secure my future (2020) without working in fear.

November 2019, the spirit of God laid it on my heart to do a 31-day prayer and praise session. From the 1st-31st of December. This program was to be done to pave and usher me into the new year (2020). 

Of course, I was going to do it. I pray often, and it is no big deal. I had my mind all set until the spirit of God told me to record the program and publish it to the world. 

No, no, I can't do this! I don't have the right tools to get this done. I am shy; I can't speak. I am not a preacher. Who would even care to listen?  I don't have anything to say to the people. I am not cut out for this. At a point,  I felt I was doing too much and overreacting.

Calm down, Gloria. You just hear voices. How are you sure it's God? Stop deceiving yourself. I tried convincing myself. But I felt no peace.  My restlessness caused me to push myself to gather what I could get and prepare for the program. It was hard for me. I wasn't feeling myself, but I was feeling God. With his help, I got confidence as the days went by. 

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint." -Isaiah 40:31

On day 20 of the podcast, the word of God came. Unable to process or contest what was going on at that moment, God spoke through me.

 "2020 would not be as easy as you imagine; winds will blow, and if you are not solidly planted in the word of God or Jesus Christ, you will be blown away." These were the exact words God said through me.

This revelation was scary. After the recording, I played the recording over and over. Still, I could not bring myself to accept that I said what I said. This experience had me intensify my effort of praying for 2020. Because I was sure it was not me who said those things, and I knew better than to take God for granted. 

Fast forward to 2020; the wind started; this was nothing like what the world has ever experienced. 

We are used to saying sorry to the USA for the hurricane; we sympathize with Nigeria for Boko haram and feel sad over crashes in neighboring countries. Never have we cried at the same time, felt the same pain, and stood steel for the exact cause (COVID-19).

If you are interested in checking out the podcast recording from 1st-31st December 2019 OR the 20th of December 2019 recording, check at the end of this post.

I am not in any way claiming to be a prophet or any kind of teller. I love to be described as a child of God doing her thing through the help of God. It is not about me at all; let your focus be on Jesus.

At this point, I know I want to repeat what I did in 2019 on my podcast. God has equipped me exceptionally with tools that will make my recording even more enjoyable. 

In the process of planning my December prayer, my attention was drawn to something else. On the 29th of October, during dinner, I heard in my spirit that, "In December 2020, there will be a big boom."

Please don't ask me what the big boom is because I don't know. I know I will repeat the same prayer point I encouraged my listeners to follow during the December 2019 program. 

I have taken it upon myself to start praying for December 2020 from the 15th-29th of November. Afterwhich, I will commence with a prayer for 2021 from 1st-31st December 2020.

To this end, I invite anyone to whom the Lord has spoken about the same thing. Anyone who believes in praying for our land. Anyone who is willing to intercede for the world and all lovers of Christ. Please be my guest.

These programs will be hosted on this blog. Watch out for weekly updates also, on my podcast, which I will post daily. It is free to access and share. Feel free to invite as many people as you want, and the Lord will meet us at the point of our needs.


"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe." - Proverbs 18:10

View all recording here 

20th December 2019


16th November 2020


17th November 2020


18th November 2020


19th November 2020


22 November 2020


27th November 2020


Post a Comment

0 Comments