AUTHORS CORNER- Mike Cindell








Hello, beautiful people! Trust your Christmas preparation is going on exceptionally well. 

Up until this point, mine has been great, and I am eager to bring you something new. Today we have a  special guest in our midst. 

I know him to be an Author. The multiple times I have had the chance to talk with him, he seems like a shy individual. He is always aware of others and open to learning new things. 

Those are my musings about Mark, probably, my thoughts aren't right. We will find out in a bit as Mark will tell us more about himself.
Additionally, he will answer some questions my group and I arranged.

MARK CINDELL

I was born in Chicago Illinois.  My mother was born in Germany while my father was born in Puerto Rico. Due to the horrifying things that happened around where we lived, I grew my passion for reading. Our house was on lockdown pretty much all day apart from school hours.  Roald Dahl's Charlie and The Chocolate Factory were some of the creations and creators that made me love books some more. 

After various incidents and bad events in the area we lived, my parent taught it was wise we relocate. When I was twelve years old, my family and I moved to Puerto Rico. Relocating to Puerto Rico was a great idea, however, life was hard. We grew up through poverty. For some rare reason, I became fascinated with creating stories; it was my way of somehow mentally escaping my current life and travelling through the pages I'd create. 

Since then I kept writing but never dared to publish or show any of my stories to anyone until I finished.   Apart from writing my main hobbies are reading, going to the movies and finding good food through local restaurants.


Q & A



 What is the name of your latest book, and what inspired it?


 My latest is; In Between. It was inspired by a comic I read when I was a child called Spawn by Todd Mcfarlane.


 Do you have any unusual writing habits?


I'd say my most unusual habit is my playlist.   I select music that makes me feel a certain way. For instance: I'll listen to Say Something From A Great Big world which is a song that can easily bring me to tears. Sometimes, Canon D by Pachelbel; even though it's weird, I come up with some of the best Ideas at my rawest point.  I do the same with adventure, action, thrillers.  I've organized a playlist that creates the mood for the type of book or scene I'm writing.


 What authors or books have influenced you?

Stephen King, James Patterson, Danielle Steel, John Katzenbach & the one and only: Roald Dahl has been the writers that in one way or another inspired me to write.
The book that made the most impact in my life was Charlie in the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. As I mentioned earlier, I grew up in a very dangerous area in Chicago IL. Our home was usually on lockdown after school. This book was so colorful and creative in so many ways, it kept me alive and also kept my mind off of the shootings and other things that happened while I lived there, in a way it saved my life.


What are you working on now?


I'm currently working on various projects, the sequel / follow up book to In Between. A thriller called the Art Of Blood  which is the story of a serial killer that is told through the eyes and emotions of the killer,  I'm also working on a Science Fiction book called Memories of Tomorrow & a thriller horror book by the title: The Playground which is about various prisoners who wake up in a deserted city and discover they're part of a black market survival game called the playground.  I have other projects that are in in the backlog until I finish my current projects.


What is your best method or website when it comes to promoting your books?


This is something that is a work in process, I've previously used FIVERR for ebook promoting. I'm still learning to get social media to work in my favor, to discover new writers, new websites and blogs that help new self-published authors like myself.


Do you have any advice for new authors?


Don't give up, keep reading, keep writing.  I know it's hard, and I know that for every single supporter, you get, there are 10 more haters waiting to rain on your parade.  But writing is something that is way more necessary than many understand.  Your book can easily be the uplift for someone's bad day, but if your book doesn't exist that will never happen.  Most importantly, if you don't guide us into that amazing world inside your head, word by word thru each colorful page.  Who Will?


AUTHOR'S JOKE OR INSPIRATIONAL TALE

I grew up in a special family when I say "special" I don't mean in a good way.  I got emancipated at the earliest age possible. I have to make this explanation so you can have a sneak peek of what my background was like. This will help you understand my story better.  When I reached the age of 18, I started to work in an AT&T call center. Back then it was a huge step up for me both career-wise and salary wise. The town where I worked was Guaynabo PR, it is about 8 towns away from where I lived back in Vega Baja PR. During these periods, I had no car and could not count on getting a ride from anyone (and I mean anyone).


During the first 6 months working for this company I used public transportation to get to work, however, the first shift assigned to me was from 3 pm -12 pm. In Puerto Rico, there is no such thing as transportation at night time, no train, no ferry, no local bus, nothing. During these periods, I had no other option but to walk which basically took 6-8 hours depending on my pace. When I'd get home it would be to take a shower to sleep two or three hours max and then take back off to work due to the distance from my home to work.  Sadly, during my quest to earn a living, I got assaulted twice and in one of the occasions, I was beaten by four men.  Now, while this anecdote sounds a little tragic, I stood firm and focused towards my goal which was to work hard, save some money, and to change my life for good. 


My point is that; there will be hard moments in life, the moments we want to give up, stop writing, prefer to stick to what we have and not take a risk or commit to something that is not guaranteed.  I stood committed, yes, there were speed bumps and hiccups along the way, they will always exist. If you remain focused and push forward, anything and everything is possible.  Being able to say I have finished my first novel and am working on more than two projects make me so proud. Come to think of it! What if I stopped along the way? What if I decided to stop pushing through those 6-8 hours work? Definitely, I would never have made it here.  Yes, people may call you stupid, awkward or weird, but if you know what you want, what you're passionate about; no one can stop you.


I don't know if this story is too long or doesn't fit the point, but this story defines me as a person. I'm not looking for any pity, however, I think this would be of help to someone.  Hopefully, it fits the point of what we're trying to accomplish.

Was this fun? Would you like us to add some other questions to our list? Did you enjoy the interview? Simply give us your suggestion in the comment section.

You can show Mark Cindell some love on his social media;  FacebookTwitter. Also Mark's new book "In Between" will be out soon. If you would love to get a copy, simply stay tuned as you might be one of the lucky people to get a free copy.


Get a copy of  In Between by Mark Cindell for free!



Please Ignore the price showing on the HTML link. The book is free.

You can also get access to his book by clicking here.


Post a Comment

73 Comments

  1. Great interview here. I am always on the look out for new books to read. Sabina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview, just like you, I enjoy new books especially when told through a new voice and vision, I hope you enjoy you get a chance to read my boo and enjoy it. I look forward to your feedback. - Mark Cindell -

      Delete
    3. I applaud Mark for turning his tough childhood into an inspiring connection to the written word. Books filled my life too as a child and provided a respite from the daily grind. I look forward to seeing more books from Mark.

      Delete
  2. Being a bibliophile and an interviewer I must say I loved it. The book is gonna be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. Thank you for the excitement toward my book, I truly hope you enjoy it and can't wait to receive your feedback, thanks again for you kind words.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like this author has had an interesting life. I will definitely try to get his book In Between-it is definitely on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello MIKIHOPE, without a doubt there have been a few interesting moments in the past, luckily they're exactly that just part of the past, I do hope you get around to reading my book, I can't wait to hear your feedback and hopefully keep you around for the various books/projects I'm working on.

      Delete
  4. He sounds really a great author and I am so excited to read his books, I will definitely check this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you're kind words: GERVIN KHAN. I hope you enjoy the book and stick around for the various other books I am working on including the sequel and other books that are not related to this title. I can't wait to hear your feedback and thanks again for your support.

      Delete
  5. nice review! I never read any books of this author but I would give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview, this is my debut novel, I'm currently working on the sequel and various other books, I hope you get a chance to give it a read and enjoy it. Thanks for the support.

      Delete
  6. This was really a nice interview and I love his advice to every aspiring writers out there it sounds simple but really motivational. I am going to read his book In Between it sounds really interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you so very kind word: Catherine Santiago. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview, and I'm glad you liked my words of advice, I can't wait to hear your feedback about: In Between, I hope you enjoy it and stick around for the sequel and various other projects I'm working on. Thanks for your support.

      Delete
  7. Nice interview. I think these sentiments extend beyond writing to include all creative disciplines. Self-expression is a powerful yet vulnerable place that has the ability to inspire many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words: TARYN. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview and I hope you like the book and stick around for everything for all the other books I'm working on. Also yes you are so right, I agree with you so much and I believe that expressing ourselves is the perfect link to connecting with one another.

      Delete
  8. Amazing interview! Its so interesting to learn what sparks interests in authors to write such compelling stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words: ADRIANA LATELY, I'm glad you enjoyed the interview and I hope you get a chance to read the book and enjoy it. Just like you, I also find it fascinating the process of how a book goes from scratch to a full book, what inspired the story, a dream / nightmare / accident/ personal trauma, random idea. It's amazing to see, how what works for one person might be a totally different story for another. Take care

      Delete
  9. This is an awesome interview!! I love that he works with a playlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words: ASHLEY RICE BLOGS. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview, about the playlist, I don't think I'd be able to write the same way if it weren't for my playlist. The same way I do my research for a scene or plan out dialogue. I put the same effort into selecting a playlist for each book, each song has to draw the right energy to create the right mood for each page. Hope you enjoy the book and can't wait to hear your feedback. Take care

      Delete
  10. I love this interview! And I love the advice for writers as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words: HEIDIDEE. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview and am glad to see you loved the advice, I hope you enjoy the book and can't wait to hear you're feedback, and truly hope you stick around for all of the future books I'm working on. Take care

      Delete
  11. So great to get to know the authors behind some of these books. I enjoyed learning about this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words: DANNIELLE. I hope you enjoy the book and can't wait to hear your feedback. Hope you stick around to read future books. Thanks once more for the support.

      Delete
  12. This is a good interview! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FIBI TONG. I'm glad to see you enjoyed the interview, hope you like the book, I'm looking forward to your feedback. Take care.

      Delete
  13. It is really amazing to read this interview. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SHWETA, I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. I hope you enjoy the book and look forward to your feedback. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  14. What an interesting interview with Mark Cindell. It's nice to read that he enjoys listening to music while he writes. I do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FATIMA D TORRES, I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. Music is an amazing essence when it comes to writing, I love music in every aspect, but as a writer music has become yet another tool that I use to building the mood / scene / emotion. I truly don't know how I could write without it. Hope you enjoy the book, I'm looking forward to your feedback. Take care and have yourself a wonderful day.

      Delete
  15. Love finding new authors and reading about their processes. Thanks for the insight and introduction to Mark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BRITTNIENICOLE, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the interview. I hope you enjoy the book and can't wait to hear your feedback. Take care and have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  16. This is an awesome interview! It’s so cool to hear what goes on in the mind of creatives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BREENARINA, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the interview. While we all have different ways of thinking and getting from A to B, your right it is interesting hearing about the process. I hope you enjoy the book and am looking forward to your feedback. Take care and have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  17. This was a great interview. I find a lot of inspiration from it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the interview BREENARINA, hope you get a chance to read the book I would love to hear your thoughts. Happy holidays to you and your family, Take care.

      Delete
  18. Sounds like he's a good author I" am looking forward to read his books! Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kinds words: MAYSZ ADRIAS, I hope you enjoy the book and can't wait to hear your thoughts. Happy Holidays to you and your family and loved ones. take care

      Delete
  19. This was a pretty awesome interview! Is it fairly easy to get people to have interviews?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview AMBER DICKISON. I hope you get a chance to read the book and can't wait to hear your thoughts. I wish you, your family and loved ones a wonderful Christmas, take care.

      Delete
  20. Oh wow, This was a wonderful interview. I enjoyed it so much. I am more interested now in his books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview: GILLIANE KISSES SANTIAGO. Thank you so much for you kind words and interest in my book, I hope you enjoy the book and can't wait to hear your thoughts. Happy holidays to you, your family and loved ones. take care.

      Delete
  21. I'm really happy that I learned about Mark and I will definitely read his writings as I loved Charlie and the chocolate factory book too 😍 and Thank you so much for this interview it really answered all the questions that I would want to know 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the interview: Nohaila Polizzi and yes I'm a huge fan of Roald Dahl's work, Charlie and the chocolate factory pretty much changed the way I looked at reading, it was and still is an amazing book. I'm happy to see we share a common passion for the same book. I also would like to thank you for your support and kind words, I hope you get a chance to read the book, I would love to hear your thoughts. I hope you had a beautiful and amazing Christmas. Happy holidays.

      Delete
  22. Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview Oscar. I hope you get a chance to read my book. I hope you had a great Christmas. Happy holidays.

      Delete
  23. I love reading about the thoughts of authors. It's an honor that they give us a peek into their brilliant minds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview Ivan. I also want to thank you for such kind words and believe me the honor is mine to be able to share stories with the rest of the world is a true blessing. I hope you get a chance to read my book. Thanks again for the support. I hope you had an amazing Christmas. Happy holidays.

      Delete
  24. I love reading about the thoughts of authors. It's an honor that they give us a peek into their brilliant minds

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love little interviews like this, they're so informative in a very different way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview: CHADDEN2001, I hope you get a chance to read my book. I hope you had an amazing Christmas. Take care and happy holidays.

      Delete
  26. He is working on so many things. That kinda gives me a push to start my pending things. Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you kind words, Sanjota Purohit. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. I appreciate your words and truly do hope that one way or another my words can help push you to start whatever pending projects you have. I'm sure you have something amazing just waiting to be finished. I myself love staying busy which is why I try to take on as many projects as possible. I hope you get a chance to read my book, best of luck on those pending projects. I hope you had an amazing Christmas, take care and happy holidays.

      Delete
  27. I love that you use music to put you in a mood, or to match your mood! I do the same! I am terribly sorry at some of the situations you have had to face. Public transportation should definitely be better in some parts of the world. I am so glad that you were able to create a learning experience from a tough situation. Good luck to you and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Gypsy Footprints. I believe music is the best way to perfectly setting the mood for any book of any genre so I'm glad to see we share that same common method. And yes I to wish public transportation should be better in many places, but I'm glad to say that part of my life is in the past, but at the same time appreciate it's existence, it keeps me grounded and reminds me that with a little bit of work, sweat, and sacrifice we can reach our goals. Hope you get a chance to read my book and I hope you had an amazing Christmas. Take care and happy holidays.

      Delete
  28. I would have to agree with him that James Patterson is a great Author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed the interview Britney, and yes I'm a huge fan of James Patterson, I pretty much have the collection of most of his books in paperback, his thrillers are amazing books. I hope you get a chance to read my book and also hope you had an amazing Christmas. Take care and happy holidays.

      Delete
  29. This is a new author that I didn't know about, I am fairly interested in his new work, it sounds intriguing, and still to continue fighting after having to work hard and walking home for like 6-8 hours and getting assaulted is something else, I am glad that he continued his dream of writing, I will check him out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words: Matija. I truly appreciate your words and support. I think we all have are own unbelievable stories of struggle and tragedies, I'm honored to share mine with everyone and it's nice to hear such great words and comments of support. I hope you get a chance to read my book and I hope you like it. Hope you had a great Christmas, take care and happy holidays.

      Delete
  30. Great interview truely inspirational.. I would love to read his book. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview: GLORIOUS HEIGHTS. Also thanks for your kind words, I hope you get you enjoy the book. I also hope you had an amazing Christmas and an amazing happy new year. Take care, happy holidays.

      Delete
  31. Engaging interview, Spawn is one of my favorite comic characters and I am looking forward to read In Between as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview: KAVRI IYER. Thnx for your kind words and I'm glad to see hear to share the same passion for one of my favorite comic book characters. I hope you enjoy my book, it'll be quite easy for you to see the heavy influence its taken from the comic. Hope you enjoy it, and I also hope you had an amazing Christmas. Take care and happy holidays.

      Delete
  32. Hey, very nice post. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

    GAIA 1 litre Best Olive Oil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview GAURIMART. I hope you get a chance to read my book and enjoy it. I hope you had an amazing Christmas. Take care and happy holidays.

      Delete
  33. I would love to write a book some day! So cool to read about author's experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview: MAARTJE VAN SANDWIJK. I believe you have one or various books in you, you just need to start writing, a sentence, a paragraph, a page, it doesn't matter how or when. All that matters is that you start and keep writing. I believe you have an amazing book in you just waiting to be read. Good luck with your book and may you finish soon. Hope you get a chance to read my book, I also hope you had an amazing Christmas. Take care and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fun to read and know about authors of what we read but even more interesting to read through in an interview. Awesome read.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great to read the interview. Really such experiences show us that life has got so much to teach and we learn from the experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is just great! There is so much we can learn from this tete e

    ReplyDelete
  38. Art Of Blood sounds like a thrilling book indeed! Thanks for the review and for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is just so great! I love knowing what kind of thoughts authors have :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great Read! I get the chance to learn new things! I will definitely follow this blog so I get updated for new articles!

    ReplyDelete