Salvare's Mountain (Vranon Lore, #1) by D.P. Rowell

Salvare's Mountain (Vranon Lore, #1)

Salvare's Mountain by D.P. Rowell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Salvare's Mountain (Vranon Lore #1) by D.P. Rowell is a story of Gideon accepting to work with his greatest enemies in his search for answers about his wife's death. His only goal is to make his community grayless as he believes this magic killed the love of his life.

I didn't know what to expect when I got this book sent to me by the author. Yet, I was confident that it was above average, considering the other books I have read from this author.
I did like this one. I found the environment dark, not because there were scary monsters but because the suspense and mystery got me very anxious. I like it for this reason.

I liked and disliked the main character simultaneously; since I am speaking of my likes first, I love Gideon's fearless attitude. He is not just bold but courageous. I bet I would have packed my bag and say bye to the community that has taken so much from me.

Overall, Salvare's Mountain was a good read. The start was slow, but the book was interesting enough to keep me going until there was a change in the pace.

Even if Gideon is courageous, I found him to be self-centred. Most of his decisions are for his benefit. Little to no consideration is given to the people fighting with him. I understand that he is an angry and broken heart person, but his stubbornness can't be justified. He made up for it later in the book, though.

Finally, I did not get the right end, and this made me sad.

Overall, it is a good read, and I recommend it.

View all my reviews

Post a Comment

0 Comments